My blackness isn’t determined by how I talk, how I carry myself. Not even the music I listen too. If that was the case a lot of white people would be black. Blackness is not an outfit we put on. I was born this way. This was a gift. a non refundable gift. Others wish they were given the privilege of waking up with rich history and culture running through their veins. I didn’t choose to be black but I’m damn sure being black chose me.
including the fact that I hate everything.
Sikhism: a religion from the Vedic family of religions, which includes Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and more.
Islam: a religion from the Abrahamic family of religions, which includes Christianity and Judaism.
Both are very DIFFERENT religions; however one thing that’s constant is that both religions DO NOT ENDORSE NOR PROMOTE TERRORISM OR VIOLENCE.
Please educate yourself before making any stupid remarks. Thank you.
Please reblog and share.
but that’s what got my ass killed. So I’m a little more chill this go round.
Based on this list See Sources below for more info. View pictures fullscreen to see captions
Lemme reblog again and let you know why casting that white woman as the female lead in “Drive” was so fucking wrong and fucked up.
Director Nicolas Winding Refn literally gave Carey Mulligan the part because she “seemed pure,” like someone he wanted to protect.
No, really. He literally said that shit.
These traits were ones he literally did not consider a Latina for. He picked her specifically because he fit that damsel in distress imagine that’s been coded as white. Latinas were not even given the opportunity to audition for the role.
Let me post this again so people can see how we continuously allow (require?) movies to whitewash and erase POC out of media/our consciousness
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her.